Saturday 19 October 2013

A Friend Indeed!

"I won't always be around"
This is what my bestfriend told me about two days ago.

I sat down,for about three straight hours and thought about it.
All of us are not emotional. I know people who are thick skinned,people who learn the art of hiding their feelings,killing them; People who face things in life that make them strong enough to avoid emotional drama.
But there are two sides to a coin.
There are people who are highly sensitive,they get emotional very quick;it takes 1 second for them to turn sad.

You can't avoid all this. This is a part of everyone's life.
To be honest, i was a semi emotional person...till i lost my father.
I realized that i could behave however i wanted because i knew,that my father is there to cushion me with happiness. 
I mean,i'd run to him if someone said something and he always knew the right words to say.
Since i know he isn't around,i've become less emotional.
Cuz i honestly don't know who to look up to when i do something wrong,or someone says something to me. Mom is there,true. But you know,dad and i shared a bond.

So the other night,when my best bud said that he wasn't always going to be there for me,i got down to some thinking.
You can't always hold on to a person. No matter how close you are to that person,no matter how many friends say they will stand by you "ALWAYS",no matter how many say "i'm just a call away",At the end of the day,it's only you who's gonna look in that mirror in your room,you who's gonna sleep alone in bed,you who's gonna travel to places alone and it's only you who you have forever.

To be honest,that night when he said it,i was devastated. 
But now that i think about it,i realize that he was there with me ever since i lost my dad.
He was the one i looked up to for guidance.
And probably today,i realized so much because of him.
I'm glad he said that  to me ,cuz not many people speak the truth and not many people have the strength to accept the harsh fact of life.

How many people do you think you'll be in touch with after you graduate?
And if you do,how many will you meet?
Think about it,not many.
So,i know i have a long journey. And that i can look up to him for guidance,but i need to be strong enough,become wise enough to stand my decisions with complete firmness.
Thankyou for the lesson,my friend.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment