Friday 13 September 2013

Make Memories Count !

You never understand pain,until you face it.
You never understand grief,until you go through it.
You never understand hell,until you breathe in it.
And You never understand life,until you live it.

Today,i understood the meaning of this statement. 
I truly understood it.
"You take things for granted when you know they're around. Only when they're gone,do you really feel the loss."

I sat through a treacherous class today(nothing new). And suddenly,my phone flashed,and for a moment,i could have sworn it said "Dad"(incoming call).
I immediately reached out to pick up my phone and realized it was my grand father calling.

I realize that most of you out there,may not live with your parent/parents.
For your own reasons - maybe cuz your parents split,or you felt like going you seperate way,or just cuz you don't want your parents in your hair.
Most of you out there don't talk to your parents,don't communicate. And unfortunately when you do,it's either about money or permission for something.

What most of you don't realize is,that you have the privilege to pick up your phone,at anytime of the day,and talk to your parent.
Most of us(boys/girls),mostly look up to our dads for advice.
And most of you are certainly privileged to be able to do that.

I've come across people who despise their fathers - For their own reasons. But you know the occasional "Hey dad,how you doin'? Yeah,i'm Good too. Well,...I miss you. K,ummmm.....Take care,alright?! Bye!",never gets old. And you kinda like the fact that you have a dad behind you when you need him.

It's been about 50 days. No,doesn't feel like it. I can still feel him calling out my name and asking me to hug him. I can still feel that kiss on my forehead before he left. I still remember our telephone conversations like it was just yesterday i asked him to let me take the car out. And it feels like just yesterday that i kissed his forehead for the last time,before he left.

Many of you take this real lightly. And i know many of you are detached children. Well, you're missing out on quite a bit. 
Start today,get to know your parent/parents.
It's never too late to learn about them and their past.
Eighteen years weren't quite enough for me to get to know my dad.
Unfortunately,i have no choice but to live without him.
But if you don't,go get to know your parent. Spend a lil extra time with them,for when they leave you and go away,probably you may not have memories.
So go,smile,eat icecream,and make memories with your family.
Blessed be xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment