Thursday 18 July 2013

Realization Sinks In

"It's all a trap."

Today(18.07.13),i've learnt one of life's most valuable lessons.
At the beginning of summer,it wasn't important for us to do an internship.
I thought "why not! I've got nothing to lose."

So,i went ahead and started working! It was fun - going all sharply dressed,meeting people from different backgrounds,learning alot in the particular field,etc.
But,you know,i lost out on a few things this month. 
My weekdays were booked. My weekends were utilised for selfish reasons.
I lost contact with a few people. And i stopped meeting my friends.
My entire routine went haywire. And my sleeping patterns,whoosh,disappeared. 
I started becoming more of an insomniac.
And today, a month later, i feel pretty good.

"
How long has it been since you've felt the smile on your face?"

Its been long since i've felt free. 
Long since i've felt the smile on my face.
Long since i've taken a carefree breath.

So,i realized, while growing up,it sounds really cool that we're working and getting a salary!
Yeah bro,it is infact,pretty cool!
But do we realize, we're gonna do this our ENTIRE lives?!
Do we realize,that this very moment is the only one we have ,that we can enjoy?
Sure,it's nice being treated like an adult,with responsibilities,but do we realize we'll be doing this for the rest of our lives.
We have our entire lives ahead us to be responsible,to get stressed out,to have a fixed routine,to not be able to meet our friends.
Why are we spoiling our teenage years doing all this?
Most of us have like alot of teenage years left. 
I have a year and 6 months,to be precise.
And after today,i really wanna let life be. 
Let life take me where i'm supposed to be. I have no regrets,but i wanna be a carefree child for now.
We don't realize that time keeps moving forward,and we move at a speed where we can't catch up to it.
So go!
Live life! Stop wanting to be all serious and responsible.
Be responsible to an extent,but don't get serious.
For we have the rest of our lives left for all that.
Enjoy xx

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment