Friday 26 July 2013

A Tribute To My Daddykins !

"You were born of dust,
And ended that way.
You left too soon,
 I'd always have that to say."


Father. A word most of us get emotional about. A very important part of our lives are our parents.
In the speedy pace of life,we often look at our parents as immortal beings. Like they're meant to be with us forever.
But it only takes a small,silent,and deep,irreversible process for us to realize,they aren't gonna be around that long. You can't feel the smile on your face.

On the 24th of july,2013, my Father,my daddykins, passed away.
A very terrible way of going. And that too,so far away.
He was on a flight to kolkata,and he started sweating. 
It was a symptom of a heart attack.
No one realized, that my father was a diabetic, and his sugar had dropped.
If only,someone knew,and gave him something sweet, i wouldn't be writing this post.
If only.
 He passed away,and all we have left,is his stuff,and his memories.

When your parent passes away, a parent you look up to,for guidance,advice,secrets. You shatter.
When i found out, i brokedown,and said "Why Not Just kill myself. Life isn't worth it anymore"
Everyone is close to a parent. Both of them. But dad left. 
Shock. Pain.Death wish. All that came to my mind.
And silently,over night i turned from a spoilt lil immature pampered brat to a mature young adult.

Life has it's funny ways of making one realize, that nothing comes out of prayer. 
A man who believed in god. A woman who prayed for him,just before she heard about him. A child who prayed for her family whenever she could.
God is unfair, and life is nothing but a cruel game.

Cremating your own father at such a young age,is a task.
Hearing the same sentence from everyone " be strong", becomes just like a song.
Life is sudden, Death uncertain.

Looking at his lifeless body, i held it together, for my mom. 
It's hard being the only child and going through this.
But you learn to accept the fact and you learn to be strong.
Its been three days. It feels like years. Its hard to cope. But strong is the only option.

So,i have nothing left to say. Except that i let go.
And i'd like to say a few words:
I don't know if god exists. But if he does,i want him to know that from now on my dad is my god. He was a very loved man. Loving,caring,kind,gorgeous,handsome,perfect,friendly,supportive, are just a few adjectives to describe him.

I love you papa. You're mine always. You're here, no matter what.
I will take care wherever you left off.

Everyone who knows you,is in a state of shock, cuz this was a big loss.
Pop,Next lifetime,promise,ok ?<3 :')
God bless your soul you courageous man.
 I'm your daughter,i'm strong like you,and i'll always be your princess.
I let you go. Set you free. I love you papa. <3 
Forever and always,to infinity and beyond <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment