Saturday 16 April 2016

That Girl

PART I

"She was like glitter. Creating happiness wherever she went.
I fell in love the moment I saw her.
The way her eyes glistened when she spoke to people, her smile easily lit up the room. 
The way she conversed had everyone mesmerized in minutes.
She was the one. Everybody thought she was the one.

It sounded cliched, even in my head. But, I could see being with her for a lifetime. 

I gathered the courage to get to know her. She being a darling, let me into her life.

Everything was going well. But nothing lasts forever. One drunken mistake cost me the girl of my dreams.

The night before I asked her out, we went out partying. 
And that's when I wanted to make her mine. 
I held her close, as though she was the air my lungs needed. 
Just when I was about to kiss her, she stepped back, and said,

 "If you weren't such a close friend, I would have slapped you and left. But this is Goodbye. Don't ever call me."

And just like that, everything we had was over - even before it started. 
 She left town immediately.

A year later, I found someone else, and I was happy. Content.

Two years later, I saw her at a park. 
I was mesmerized in the exact same manner that I was the day I saw her for the very first time. 
She was glowing. Her hair had gorgeous waves, her lips were naked and her eyes were still extremely hypnotic. 

I walked up to her and apologized. 
She being herself, forgave me.
We spoke for a while and parted our ways. 

As I walked, I realized that she was the one and she'll always be the one.
And now, she'll be the one that got away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment